Tuesday 21 September 2010

Live joyfully with the wife whom you love….. Ecclesiastes 9:9

Good morning Barbie’s and Kens!

Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls welcome! I hope you all had a splendid weekend, got plenty of rest and feel fresh and ready for the week ahead!
It certainly feels good to be back! The last few weeks have been very hectic and exciting for me! And i am grateful to God for all the wonderful opportunities he has thrown my way. if you haven't said thank you to God today take a second and do so!
My last post was in July (embarrassed face)and I feel awful but there was a very good reason why I haven’t posted a blog.

101 reasons why I haven’t posted a blog, or abandoned my blog as one of my faithful readers stated. Here’s there list.
Dear reader’s the only reason why I haven’t blogged for over 4weeks is BECAUSE MY LAPTOP PACKED UP! I was upset, extremely frustrated and I almost threw it out the window! excuses i hear you say? but that’s the truth and only reason. I will endeavour to find alternative ways of posting my blogs, moving on swiftly.

My journey into work this morning was shockingly smooth! No delays whatsoever! No weirdo’s jumping in the tracks, etc. I got on the train and as soon as I found a seat I pulled out my book and continued reading. Yet another amazing read and I will recommend it to all see the SUCCESSFUL FOLKS READ SECTION WHICH I WILL UPDATE SHORTLY.
I arrived at the office put on my computer, scanned through my emails briefly, organised my to do list, and as usual made my cup of tea. first few emails were the usual requests for work to be done, another 10 marked urgent review which i did look at. i then proceeded to the Word for today, henceforth reefed to as WFT FOLDER  opened the mail from UCB word for today which I encourage you all to read! I am always eager and excited to read the word for today, simply because each day I learn something new. WORD FOR TODAY

The title: Marriage Rights….Live joyfully with the wife whom you love...

I am yet to go through a day where I don’t hear people (myself included) talk about marriage and weddings. Uncles, aunts, grandparents, colleagues, friends, frenemies, parents, (the list is endless) all asking and talking about the same thing MARRIAGE.
It’s currently a hot trend and the way some folks go on about it, like it is a must have fashion accessory! As we all know, well for those who do but need clarity and for those who didn't Marriage and THE Wedding so to speak are two different things! A lot of folks I won’t categorise so I don’t get bombarded with hate mail talk about it (what is it? I will elaborate later) is it the marriage or the wedding?
Am assuming that most of us have watched the movie why did I get married 1&2, if you haven’t and are hasty, or anxious like most people to buy the IT accessory please watch the movie. NOT EASILY BROKEN is another fantastic one to watch! If after watching these movies, reading the word for today, and the biblical definition of marriage you don’t stop, think, pray and question MARRIAGE then you can proceed to the altar.

HAPPILY EVER AFTER?

I have exhausted all the possible answers to the questions that everyone asks? When is it they say, when the Lord ordains it I say.
If you have any cheeky answers that work for you please feel free to send me an email with the details, some people need to be stoned with firm responses.
Marriage/Weddings are both common topics amongst many at the moment (note I haven’t categorised).
Where three or more women (both single/ courting & between the ages of 22-35 my calculation may be somewhat biased or inaccurate) are gathered marriage is definitely going to be discussed with much passion. Why? I hear some say (especially the men) well go figure!


There’s a big difference between marriage and weddings.
Marriage is priceless; weddings on the other hand are expensive especially when you want a lavish do.

I smiled to myself and said father are you testing me? If so I am ready because the word was very Apt! yesterday i was having a conversation with a friend about what else marriage. lol and boy did we talk about a lot of MARRIAGE FAUX PARS unfortunately i wont share sorry.


I continued to read the word and then paused. I got to a part where two couples where about to say their vows.


“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be held against you, you have the right to have an attorney present, you may kiss the bride."'

I instantly thought MARRIAGE equals PRISON! and then my smile suddenly disappeared!
I have heard about and read a few articles where people men in particular refer to marriage as a solitary confinement! Although I beg to defer andI say each to their own! If you put 5dollar in you get 5dollar back, if you invest your time, work hard at your marriage/relationships you'll reap the great rewards of your hard work. what you put in is what you get back out! it isn't rocket science. Garbage in Garbage out!
I continued reading the word this statement stood out


To know what your marriage rights are, you must understand that, first, marriage is God's idea.


Not yours, mine, your mothers, or fathers own idea, but Gods idea! So if God hasn’t ordained it and MR AND MRS AB&C have forced, talked you into it, etc

Please pray and seek Gods first, for they will not be in your marital home with you, we don’t want the divorce rate to keep soaring.


So I looked up the associated passage in the bible Ecclesiastes 9:9


New International Version - Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun— all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labour under the sun.


Amplified Bible - Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun--all the days of futility. For that is your portion in this life and in your work at which you toil under the sun.


New American Standard Bible - Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have laboured under the sun.


 The following stood out from reading the passage:


Enjoy life, live joyfully.


• Whom you love, Enjoy life with the woman whom you love.


• All the days of this meaningless life that God has given, all the days of your vain life, all the days of your fleeting life.


• For this is your lot in life, For that is your portion in this life, for this is your reward in life


Marriage is Gods idea!
if couples fully understand this why do people still get married for the wrong reasons? The only reason I could think of was mainly because they don’t! if you beg to defer please feel free to explain why.

The passage clearly says enjoy life, not live in unhappiness, reiteration of the word WITH THE WOMAN, WITH WHOM YOU LOVE. All the days of this meaningless life that God has given, all the days of your vain life, all the days of your fleeting life. (Ouch that scared me a little, could this be the reason why men get scared? I DON’T BLAME THEM) The scripture didn’t say live in pain, with the one you like, whenever you feel like or suits you.


Let’s analyse some vows


I take you to be my wedded wife/husband; with deepest joy I receive you into my life that together we may be one. As is Christ to His body, the church, so I will be to you a loving and faithful partner.


To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part.

Okay hold up folks why would anyone want to say these vows before God and man knowing they would live a life contradictory to the vows? We can’t predict the future I hear you say? I’ll save this debate for another post.


I will share the passage from the word of today with you so you can understand the reason behind the atrocious prison like vow that gave me a fright earlier on.


Sonja Ely writes,
'I was watching my five-year-old granddaughter play with her toys. At one point she staged a wedding, first playing the role of the mother who assigned specific duties, and then suddenly becoming the bride with her "teddy bear" groom. She picked him up and said to the "minister" presiding; "Now you can read us our rights." Without missing a beat, she became the minister who said, "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be held against you, you have the right to have an attorney present, you may kiss the bride."' To know what your marriage rights are, you must understand that, first, marriage is God's idea. In Eden He said, '..."It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him"' (Genesis 2:18 NKJV).

The word 'comparable' means 'compatible with his (or her) needs'. When you marry someone, you marry everything they've been through. Each of you brings your own baggage. Unless you sort out what to keep and what to discard, things can quickly erode. You must also understand that when you leave God out, you have problems. Satan has made marriage one of his prime targets. He loves to promote strife.


When it comes to marriage we must learn to forgive, 'Lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices' (2 Corinthians 2:11 NKJV). God's plan for your relationship is strength and harmony, not strife and confusion. He wants to help you build a strong, loving union that glorifies Him. To do that, you must show grace, and resolve to make Jesus Lord of your relationship.

Marriage is forever, well it is supposed to be till death do you path right?
Wedding – is a ceremony that lasts a day, 5 days for some, and only a few hours for most.


All marriages are joined by God. However In some cases, one can be married to one and bound to another (Rom. 7: 3). Marriage does not necessarily imply there is a bond. Two eligible people must have the intent of the marriage commitment.


God ordained marriage is manifestly permanent (Gen. 1, 2). In alluding to and reinstating the original marriage law, Jesus said: "…what therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.


Marriage is a choice, a decision that two people make before God to become one. I would love to hear you own opinions on the above topic please feel free to comment. These are based on my own thoughts and understanding of what I knew, know and just learnt.


Please comment as we all have different views and opinions! I would love to read your comments on the current IT trend MARRIAGE! i would urge the married folks to also elaborate as they would also have a totally diffrent view.

Thanking you all in advance
FollyKay


6 comments:

  1. Thanx for sharing I laughed yet I thought it was well presented. Wedding a must have fashion accessory too funny!!!

    Its God's idea.. need I say more...

    Marriage a life commitment looking at one person for what would seem an eternity.. we better make sure God is in on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    lol@ you talking about marriage everyday
    Being a married woman myself I can tell you that you that marriage is not something you will still be talking about everyday after you get married.
    Sorry didn’t read the whole blog, but although you aimed to send one message one by this blog I received another.
    Been really lacking in my bible reading so I saved the link on word for today and will defiantly be using that daily. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my recent post. after reading this I won’t be taking about it as much as before, in fact if the question arrives at my doorstep in the next 2days I will fake a seizure and use that time to pray for wisdom.
    I am glad to read that I have inspired you to start reading the WFT, you won’t regret it. You can sign up to receive the word daily It has helped me to remain grounded & I hope you too will be blessed. The bible and the WFT’’s daily messages equals THE BLUEPRINT to living a great life. Read, understand, share and apply and you have a recipe for a happier life.
    Thank u again for reading & I hope I continue to inspire.
    FollyKay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Folake!

    Fantastic article.
    I'm afraid I will disagreeing with anonymous contributor who said they dont talk about marriage as a married person (unless i got that wrong)

    I do all the time - we laugh, we sometimes go on but mostly we encourage and pray with each other to better our relationships.

    Its such a fantastic write up here. Even as a married person, I would say its about constant evaluation...May God help us.

    P.S Please can you make the type font bigger?

    Thanks Tosin

    http://tonibonoj.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true. Lots of ladies are becoming so concerned with the IT rather than the actual marriage, especially in a place like Nigeria where marriage represents a certain status. But we need to be very careful not to be swallowed into all the hype.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Joneskoya

    This is a awesome breakdown of the situation/issues about Marriage. Reasons we have for wanting to get married or the benefits we reap from it.

    Its funny when a lady says its about the size of the ring that will determine if she says YES OR NO to Proposal. lol Maybe a Joke or a way of finding out if shes a Gold Digger! "Huge Alert fellas"

    Having said that "Marriage is Priceless and weddings very expensive yes" ;)

    ReplyDelete